Thank you for deciding to join our parade. Here are some guidelines to help you.
1. Each year we establish a theme for the parade. The 2016 theme is “Celebrate Your Right to Vote”. If you adopt the theme you become eligible for a special award in the below categories:
d. Walkers wishing to be judged
Note: Automobiles may enter but will not be judged
2. Float registration is 9 am to 11:30 am on the day of the event. Simply pull into Central Boulevard (north side of the Christian Church) from Rt. 1 (heading north) and you will find a table with a simple registration form and volunteers to sign you up and direct you to your parking spot.
3. In order to fit within a single lane, hit no overhead wires, and be able to easily turn corners, the float should be no wider than 8 feet 6 inches; no taller than 13 feet 6 inches; no longer than 40 feet (60 feet with trailers) .
4. At the beginning of the parade, you may be stopped by parade personnel to allow bands to enter from Campbell and Garfield streets.
5. For the safety of children along the parade route, please refrain from throwing candy, balls, etc. - or squirting water - from the floats. Candy, balls, flags, etc. can be handed out by participants walking alongside of the float.
6. To avoid delays and gaps in the Parade, floats may not stop at the
Be as creative as you can! Your float will be on display for thousands of people to enjoy. Just remember to have fun! We’ll see you in July.