Public Works is responsible for maintenance of:
- Town-owned streets and alleys
- Town storm water facilities
- Beach, boardwalk, and comfort stations
- Residential, commercial, recycling and yard waste collections
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance activities for Town-owned properties
Public Works Staff
The Town of Bethany Beach Public Works Department currently has a staff of 10 full-time employees, including the Public Works Director.
Also included in the 10 full-time employees is the Town’s horticulture specialist & assistant who oversees the Town beautification initiative, under the direction of the Town Manager and the Public Works Director.
The department grows to approximately 30 employees during the summer season.