What sets Bethany apart from other beach towns? Show us by entering our photo contest. What keeps you coming back? What made you decide to move here? Photos will be selected for the 2022/2023 annual calendar and widespread Town marketing efforts. Photos can be of any season, event, or memory as long as they were taken in Bethany Beach.
- The contest is open to anyone, amateur or professional.
- Photos must have been taken in Bethany Beach.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, up to 3 photos per entry.
- Only digital files will be accepted. If selected, they must be in high resolution, 300 dpi or greater, a minimum of 1200 x 1800 pixels.
- Email photos in jpeg form to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2022 photo contest in the subject line. Include your name, address, and phone number. Please send as attachments, not in the body of the email.
- Landscape orientation preferred.
The Town will narrow down the entries into finalists then survey the public for selection of the Grand Prize winner. The photo with the most votes will receive a 2022 VIP parking pass good for free parking at any space within Town limits during the summer season. Entries are due no later than January 28th, 2022.
By entering, you grant the Town of Bethany Beach permission to use your photo(s) for promotional purposes including flyers, posters, ads, websites, social networking sites and print/digital communications at the Town’s discretion with no compensation.
NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FEBRUARY 11TH - 13TH
DUE TO THE PENDING STORM
The Town of Bethany is once again partnering with the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce for the Fire and Ice Festival. The Bethany schedule of events is listed below. For the complete list, visit FireandIcede.com
Bethany Beach Happenings – Garfield Parkway
Friday, February 11th
- Bonfire: Warm up with a bonfire run by the Town of Bethany and s’mores on Hollywood Street at 5:00 PM. This event is co-sponsored by Su Casa Furniture which will sell s'mores packets to support our event beneficiary.
- Tasting Tour: The Tasting Tour kicks off with participating restaurants in the Quiet Resorts offering their signature Fire & Ice “Rock ‘n’ Roll” themed cocktail.
Saturday, February 12th
- Cascading Carlos: At 2:00 PM at the Bethany Beach Bandstand, enjoy Cascading Carlos at his dazzling Juggling show. Not only will you be amazed by his superb juggling skills, but he will also teach you how to juggle during the event. Fun for the whole family!
- Ice Tour: Starting at 5:00 PM, check out all the sculptures in town by taking an Ice Tour! Pick up a festival map at the information tent to make sure you see them all! There is over 45,000 pounds of ice coming to The Quiet Resorts! Watch as the ice sculptures are unveiled and illuminated with lights as the sun sets.
- Live Ice Demonstration: At 5:30 PM Ice Lab will host a Live Ice Demonstration at the stage on Hollywood Street sponsored by Bethany Beach Ocean Suites. Watch as 10 Blocks of ice are transformed into a detailed sculpture.
- Jesse Garron’s Elvis Tribute Show at Signature Sculpture: At 6:30 PM, the Bethany Beach Signature Ice Sculpture carved by Ice Labs will serve as a backdrop for a Live Performance from Jesse Garron’s Elvis Tribute at the Bethany Beach Bandstand.
- Fireworks: Celebrate the grand finale of the festival weekend with a Firework Show immediately after the Elvis show presented by the Town of Bethany Beach and Southern Delaware Tourism.
Looking for something safe to do?
Our Heritage Trail is a self-guided walking tour that offers a glimpse of the Town's history. If you can't make it in person, see a virtual preview: Heritage Trail
To see more on the homes and download the brochure, visit our Historic Houses tab under Residents by clicking here.