- Public Works
- Recycling Schedule
Curbside Recycling in the Town of Bethany Beach
Curbside Recycling Program
- Curbside Recycling in the Town of Bethany Beach
- The Town of Bethany Beach provides curbside recycling for properties within Town limits.
Summer, May 1st to September 30th
Collections will be weekly.
- Zone #1 - Every Wednesday
- Areas east of Kent Avenue and Gibson Avenue. This zone also includes. Weigand Lane, Lekites Street and Beachwood Lane. (Example - If your regular trash is collected on Mondays and Fridays, your recyclables will be picked up on Wednesdays.)
- Zone # 2 - Every Thursday
- Areas west of Kent Avenue and Gibson Avenue. (Example - If your regular trash is collected on Tuesdays and Saturdays, your recyclables will be picked up on Thursdays.
- Winter, October 1st to April 30th
- Entire Town every other Wednesday, beginning with the first Wednesday in October.
* Note - Due to the size of the service area, collections may carry over into Thursday during this time.
Place recyclables out before 7:00 a.m. in the same location you put your regular trash for pickup. This should always be in the alley if the property has alley access. Street side pickup of trash or recycling is only for properties that do not have alleys.
All materials below can be put together inside the wheeled cart:
· Newspapers/ Brown Paper Bags
· Telephone/Soft Cover Books
· Mail/Envelopes (all types)
· Paperboard (cereal/tissue boxes)
· Narrow-Neck Plastic Bottles
· Milk Jugs, Bleach/Detergent, Shampoo Bottles
· Glass Bottles/Jars (any color)
· Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
The following materials may NOT be recycled as part of this curbside recycling program: Any hazardous materials, household hazardous wastes, oil, petroleum or grease wastes, chemical wastes, dry waste, construction and demolition wastes, food wastes, yard wastes, oil filters, batteries, tires, appliances, electronic goods, and toxic wastes.
Click Here to View 2023 Trash Collection, Yard Waste Collection and Recycling Schedule
Click Here for Recycling Chart
For further information about the Delaware Solid Waste Authority, click here