Often during a disaster, as resources become over extended, it takes the community working together to assist each other in time of need.
Before a disaster:
- Get to personally know your neighbors and others in your community
- Learn what resources and equipment they may have to assist you and vice versa
- Share phone numbers of your family and close friends
- Let your neighbor know where you may be temporally located
- Ask if a neighbor can check on your residence while you are away
- Learn if there is someone in your community in the medical profession