See key below for more information.
Gone, but not forgotten
Historical markers identify the locations of these former landmarks:
9. Seaside Inn, Second Street and the beach. Built in the early 1900s, it was originally called the Bellevue-Atlantic Hotel. It was purchased in the 1920s by Cal and Alice Jagger and renamed the Seaside Inn. It rented rooms and served three meals a day. It was destroyed by the Storm of '62. Present site of Seaside Village.
10. Bowling Alley, between 1st and 2nd streets on the Boardwalk. Built in 1930 by Thomas Granville and his wife, Minnie Ann. It was later owned and operated by their daughter and son-in-law, Zada and Bill Wilgus, until its destruction in the Storm of 1962. It was the social center for the town's young people.
11. Warren's Restaurant, north corner of Garfield Parkway on the Boardwalk. It was built in 1933 and destroyed by fire in 1953. New owners James Popham and Karl Klais rebuilt and renamed the restaurant The Holiday House, which was destroyed in the Storm of '62 and rebuilt. This is the present site of Mango's Restaurant.
12. Ringler's Theater, south corner of Garfield Parkway on the Boardwalk. Built in 1923 by Raymond Ringler at this location. Movies were shown, accompanied by refreshments, followed by dancing to the music of a local band. It was destroyed during the Storm of 1944 and replaced by the Blue Surf which is no longer there.