To maintain and keep current the Town’s Charter and Ordinances.
Scope of Work
- Review ordinances on a routine basis to edit outdated and redundant entries.
- Upgrade the Town Code to meet any anticipated changes in law, evolving technologies and new regulatory issues.
- CORC may discuss any new item that a community or committee member brings forward.
- CORC will solicit input from Town Offices/Staff.
- Any recommendations for significant change will be forwarded to Town Council in the form of a white paper.
- A member of CORC will volunteer to write a “white paper” detailing the proposal and present it to the CORC Committee as a whole at the next scheduled meeting.
- If the CORC committee agrees with the “white paper”, the Chairman will present the proposal to the Town Council at its meeting scheduled for the following month.
- At its next meeting (30 days later), the Town Council should vote on whether or not the CORC committee should proceed with the proposal.
: The above noted procedures will not be followed for simple housekeeping amendments to the Town Code.