New Water Service
Guidelines for Establishing a New Water Service
- Obtain a Town water permit from Town Hall
(214 Garfield Parkway, Ph: (302) 537-3771)
- All applicable fees and costs must be paid at this time
- The following is an outline of these costs:
- Impact Fee
- Tapping Fee
- Water Meter
- Meter Pit
- The water main tap is done by Town personnel. Meter and pit installation is done by a licensed plumber, and must be inspected by the Town of Bethany Beach
- A 72-hours notice must be given to the Water Department regarding date and time of installation.
- Meter, pit and fittings are to be picked up at the Water Plant by your plumber on the day of installation. A time of inspection will be agreed upon at time of pick-up.
- All water meters and pits will be installed at or near the property line.