Residential and Business Parking
Residential Parking Permits
Only people owning property within the incorporated limits of Bethany Beach may obtain a Residential Parking Permit. Owners of improved properties in the Town are entitled to one (1) free residential parking permit and may purchase a second permit for $35 for each owned property. Owners of unimproved properties are entitled to one (1) free residential permit for each owned property. Permits are valid for parking in areas designated for residential parking by permit May 15 through September 15.
• Residential Parking Permits are valid on east/west side streets with signage indicating “Residential Permit Required”. Please reference the parking map.
• These permits must be clearly displayed in your vehicle (rear-view mirror).
• Residential Parking Permits (hangtags) must be displayed between the hours of 10AM until 8PM on Parkwood, Hollywood, Campbell, and Central streets.
• Residential Parking Permits are required from 10AM until 4PM on all other streets designated for Residential Parking Permits.
• Residential Permits are not valid at pay to park spaces.
Applications for residential parking permits are mailed annually to all property owners in March.
Business Parking Permits
The Town offers several types of seasonal parking permits to accommodate parking for owners of businesses in the C-1 zone and their employees:
• Business Employee Seasonal Parking permits can be obtained by the business owner or manager for $50. Employees must have an authorization letter from the business management in order to purchase their own permit. Holders of this permit may park on any street west of Pennsylvania Ave. designated Resident/Business Parking by permit. These permits are not valid in any pay to park space. The cost is $50. Please reference the parking map.
• A “Gold Seasonal Parking Permit” is restricted to business owners only (two per business) and allows parking at any pay to park space other than on Garfield and on any street west of Pennsylvania Ave. designated Resident/Business Parking by permit. The cost is $350.
• A “Platinum” Seasonal Parking Permit is restricted to business owners only and allows parking at any pay to park space. The cost is $1,000.
• Business Seasonal Parking Permits may be purchased at the Police Station located at 214 Garfield Parkway beginning in May of each year.